History

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CLUB

The Butler County Philatelic Society came into existence with a constitution dated 1 February 1914. Eight charter members are identified in the document. Ed L. Smith Michael Kartisky Roy J. Regal Edward O. Hanffed Arthur B. Port Norman May Harry Bauer James Byerly There were probably “stamp club” meetings prior to this formalization. Various meeting notes identify Michael Kartisky as having a membership number of 22 and six others with lower numbers. However, there are no records that associate membership numbers with other charter members. Thus it is assumed that the above names were those available to sign at that meeting. There have been 224 society members to date. At this time the constitution was created for the Butler Philatelic Society.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close